Scottsdale, AZ October 15, 2021: More than one-third of Americans find errors that can affect their credit score, according to a new Consumer Reports investigation. Errors on your credit report may cause your credit score to be artificially low, which can affect your chances of getting a loan or credit card and influence how much interest you pay. With this in mind, many people take steps to remove incorrect marks from their credit report. McCarthy Law is now offering a new approach to credit repair that will help you fix credit reporting errors for free with a no-fee promise.
Many credit repair companies will sell you a service to try and remove errors from your credit report. This process typically includes the company sending sternly-worded letters to credit bureaus in the hopes that they fix the problem, all while you continue to pay them an expensive fee each month. At McCarthy Law, our dispute approach is not only simpler and quicker but also completely free. We’ll dispute any error with two possible outcomes:
- The error is removed, which means your credit score will jump up, and you pay nothing.
- The error isn’t removed. At this point, instead of another letter dispute that will likely produce the same result, you have another option: file a lawsuit against the credit bureau that didn’t fix the error. Once again, you pay nothing out of pocket; We’ll pay to file the lawsuit. In most cases, the error is then very quickly corrected.
The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) is a federal law that governs the use of consumer credit information to protect consumers against inaccurate information on their credit reports. The process is simple. When you notice that something is incorrect on your credit report, you will send a dispute letter to the credit-reporting agency prior to taking any legal action against your creditor or the credit-reporting bureau. At McCarthy Law, we’ll send this letter on your behalf. By law, the creditor must then conduct a reasonable investigation. If they do not, you may sue them. McCarthy Law will also take this step on your behalf.
Under the FCRA, the defendants have to pay our fees and costs, and this litigation won’t cost you anything. When we settle damages, the settlement will pay for the lawsuit, and you may even end up with somewhere between $1,000 and 2,500 in profit in most cases, depending on how many defendants were named in the lawsuit. The error will then be removed, and your credit score will jump up.
Some of the errors we focus on include the following:
- Credit report showing a balance due on a settled or paid account
- The report showing a balance after the creditor discharged the debt with a 1099-C
- Duplicate accounts on the credit report
- The debt buyer and original creditor both reporting a balance due
- An unknown account on your report
- A short sale listed as a foreclosure
- Discharge accounts have a balance after bankruptcy
- An account too old to report is listed
- Your information is mixed up with someone else’s information on your report
- An authorized user’s report shows all user activity, not just the authorized user’s
Kevin McCarthy, the Managing Partner at McCarthy Law, says, “Approximately 40 million consumers have an error on one of their credit reports. It is difficult to get these errors corrected because the credit reporting agencies devote limited resources to addressing errors and the investigations they conduct are often inadequate. Worse yet, these uncorrected errors often cause issues in your daily life such as paying a higher interest rate on loans, paying higher insurance costs, and encountering difficulty in securing employment. This isn’t acceptable and we can do something about it. No one needs to suffer the dreadful consequences of a credit reporting error ever again.”
An error in your credit report could lead to lower credit scores and impact your ability to open a new credit account or get a loan. Disputing credit report errors and getting those negative items removed can be a quick route to a better score. However, don’t pay for credit repair and waste time and money with anyone wanting to charge you for disputes we will do for free. At McCarthy, our new approach will help you remove the burden of an incorrect credit score at no out-of-pocket cost to you. Contact us today to learn more during a free consultation.
About the Company:
McCarthy Law PLC helps those facing complex financial hurdles as a result of too much debt or errors on their credit reports. There are many reasons you may find yourself in debt—from job loss and personal or medical emergencies to divorce, declining home values, and challenging economic environments. At McCarthy Law, we believe finances are a personal matter that should be discussed with an experienced debt attorney. As skilled debt lawyers, we are one of the rare debt settlement companies that can represent you in lawsuits and protect you against your creditors. We support our clients by offering a free consultation and flat fee while negotiating even the most significant settlements.
Name: Kevin Fallon McCarthy
Address: 4250 N Drinkwater Blvd. Suite 320, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
Phone number: (855) 976-5777
Kevin Fallon McCarthy
Latest posts by Kevin Fallon McCarthy (see all)
- Who Pays for Student Loan Debt in Arizona Divorce? - November 22, 2021
- Can I Refinance My Student Loans with a Low Credit Score? - November 8, 2021
- How to Manage Student Loan Debt as a Freelancer - November 1, 2021
- 6 Careers That Offer Student Loan Forgiveness - October 21, 2021
- Budgeting 101: Tips for College Students in Arizona - October 10, 2021