Bill Bartmann may very well be the Jerry Maguire of the debt collection agency world. I don’t know about you but he had me at I promise to not sue “millions of people every year based on nothing more than a name on a list.” All kidding aside, what Bartmann is trying to do – making debt collection agencies act like moral human beings – is definitely a great thing. I wish there were more Bill Bartmanns out there so I wouldn’t have to hear about all the horrible things that debt collectors say to my clients – things that are far worse than “show me the money!” But in the meantime, while the debt collectors hopefully start living up to their 2012 New Year’s Resolutions, a good debt settlement attorney will be there to protect California consumers by smacking an FTC complaint down on those bad apples ruining it for the rest of the barrel.
Kevin Fallon McCarthy
Latest posts by Kevin Fallon McCarthy (see all)
- Public Servants’ Second Chance at Federal Student Loan Forgiveness - April 10, 2018
- CREDIT CARD LOSS FOR SMALL BANKS AT AN EIGHT YEAR HIGH - March 22, 2018
- Rise of the Jumbo Student Loans - March 17, 2018
- Credit Card Market: Now and Then - February 23, 2018
- Make Your Credit Cards Work for You - January 23, 2018