One of the myths surrounding debt settlement is that it is only for low income people, or people who are poor. As this article points out, that is not the case.
More and more middle income consumers are looking for help with their debt. The average income of people seeking help with their debt was $54,000, with an average debt of $24,000. Previously, people may have looked to the equity in their homes to pay off debt, but with the depressed real estate market, many are not able to borrow from the equity in their home or obtain other loans as credit has become sparse. If you find yourself to be one of these middle income borrowers who find themselves in debt, you are not alone. My suggestion is to speak with a debt settlement attorney to help you conquer those debts by reducing them to a level that is manageable and that can be paid off in 3 years or less.
Kevin Fallon McCarthy
Latest posts by Kevin Fallon McCarthy (see all)
- Different Ways to Get Out of Debt - January 22, 2019
- Public Servants’ Second Chance at Federal Student Loan Forgiveness - April 10, 2018
- CREDIT CARD LOSS FOR SMALL BANKS AT AN EIGHT YEAR HIGH - March 22, 2018
- Rise of the Jumbo Student Loans - March 17, 2018
- Credit Card Market: Now and Then - February 23, 2018