You’ll probably never see this insert tucked in your credit card statement. As a matter of fact, my guess is that your creditors wouldn’t be too upset if you fell into a financial disaster. Here’s a good article we found in the Huffington Post that identifies 5 early warning signs that you are headed straight into a financial disaster. We certainly agree with a number of them: paying the minimum payment is a huge red flag. Not opening your statements because you fear what is inside indicates trouble ahead.
As the author points out, there’s no need to beat yourself up if you have noticed yourself falling into any of these categories. He recommends that if you have talked to your creditors and they aren’t willing to help out, explore all your debt relief options to see if any are a viable option. It’s nice to see that there are others out there recommending the same course of action.
Kevin Fallon McCarthy
Latest posts by Kevin Fallon McCarthy (see all)
- Different Ways to Get Out of Debt - January 22, 2019
- Public Servants’ Second Chance at Federal Student Loan Forgiveness - April 10, 2018
- CREDIT CARD LOSS FOR SMALL BANKS AT AN EIGHT YEAR HIGH - March 22, 2018
- Rise of the Jumbo Student Loans - March 17, 2018
- Credit Card Market: Now and Then - February 23, 2018