We wish we didn’t have to report this. Once again, the banks are coming out ahead against the government. The following article and video discusses how the banks continue to get off easy.
Of interest to me is that the “robo-signer” investigations are coming to a close for a $10 billion dollar settlement for the banks. This will put to an end the several year investigation regarding the improper foreclosure practices of banks. While $10 billion sounds like a lot, consider that this is spread out over several banks. Also consider the insane profits these same banks have made. In our debt settlement practice, clients often express the moral dilemma they face in negotiating debts as opposed to paying the debts the banks claim they are owed in full. It’s news like this that leads me to remind our clients that the banks are doing just fine. And releasing you from their grip by settling your debt will not harm them in the least.
Kevin Fallon McCarthy
Latest posts by Kevin Fallon McCarthy (see all)
- Different Ways to Get Out of Debt - January 22, 2019
- Public Servants’ Second Chance at Federal Student Loan Forgiveness - April 10, 2018
- CREDIT CARD LOSS FOR SMALL BANKS AT AN EIGHT YEAR HIGH - March 22, 2018
- Rise of the Jumbo Student Loans - March 17, 2018
- Credit Card Market: Now and Then - February 23, 2018