I was saddened to see the results of this British study concluding that the uptick in suicides there is relate to calls from pushy debt collectors. I was not particularly surprised, however. Overwhelming debt is debilitating. Add the endless stream of calls from bill collectors and bad things are bound to happen. I believe the lesson to be learned from this study is that if you are feeling overwhelmed by your debts, talk to a reputable attorney about your options. If you sense that a friend or relative is feeling overwhelmed by debt, strongly encourage them to talk to a reputable attorney about their options. Debt is NOT worth dying for.
Kevin Fallon McCarthy
Latest posts by Kevin Fallon McCarthy (see all)
- Different Ways to Get Out of Debt - January 22, 2019
- Public Servants’ Second Chance at Federal Student Loan Forgiveness - April 10, 2018
- CREDIT CARD LOSS FOR SMALL BANKS AT AN EIGHT YEAR HIGH - March 22, 2018
- Rise of the Jumbo Student Loans - March 17, 2018
- Credit Card Market: Now and Then - February 23, 2018