In a recent article, consumer finance guru Dave Ramsey, advocates the “snowball method” for paying down credit card debt. He says the consumer with credit card debt should line up their credit cards and pay off the smallest balances first, working their way up to the bigger balances. That’s good advice, but only as far as it goes. What about consumers who don’t have the cash to cover even the minimum payments.
The truth for some consumers is they cannot afford to pay even the minimum payments. In this situation the consumer only has two options, debt settlement or bankruptcy. Debt settlement done by a qualified attorney often results in significant reductions in the principal balance owed. When the consumer owes less money, they get out of debt faster! If you are a consumer who is struggling to keep up with minimum payments, or cannot afford your minimum payments, contact a qualified debt settlement attorney today.
Kevin Fallon McCarthy
Latest posts by Kevin Fallon McCarthy (see all)
- Different Ways to Get Out of Debt - January 22, 2019
- Public Servants’ Second Chance at Federal Student Loan Forgiveness - April 10, 2018
- CREDIT CARD LOSS FOR SMALL BANKS AT AN EIGHT YEAR HIGH - March 22, 2018
- Rise of the Jumbo Student Loans - March 17, 2018
- Credit Card Market: Now and Then - February 23, 2018