Apparently. A recent study by the Age UK and the International Longevity Centre revealed that older couples in debt are “more than twice as likely to experience marriage breakdown.” Although it was not subject of the study, I would not be surprised if the breakup rate were higher for younger couples as well. From what we see with our clients, debt is a problem that affects people regardless of age. Stress from debt can cause the breakup of otherwise happy marriage.
Read more on the study here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/
If you’re an older (or younger) couple experiencing financial trouble with debt, consult a debt settlement attorney. A good debt settlement attorney can map a strategy to relieve you of your financial burdens and take the strain off your relationship without bankruptcy. Contact a debt settlement attorney to get started today.
Kevin Fallon McCarthy
Latest posts by Kevin Fallon McCarthy (see all)
- Different Ways to Get Out of Debt - January 22, 2019
- Public Servants’ Second Chance at Federal Student Loan Forgiveness - April 10, 2018
- CREDIT CARD LOSS FOR SMALL BANKS AT AN EIGHT YEAR HIGH - March 22, 2018
- Rise of the Jumbo Student Loans - March 17, 2018
- Credit Card Market: Now and Then - February 23, 2018