California debt relief
It can be tempting to take the first solution you run across when trying to deal with mountains of credit card debt and other debt. It is wise, however, to educate yourself about all the options available and select the one that best fits your circumstances.
At McCarthy Law offices, our California credit card relief attorneys will take the time to listen to you, explain your options and help you make a choice.
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy enables the discharge of all debts, but only those who make below the median income in a community can qualify.
- In Chapter 13 bankruptcy, all debts are paid back over time through a reorganization of debts. It takes more time and costs more than debt settlement.
- Bankruptcy is an option that works for many people, but is not necessarily right for everyone. If you choose bankruptcy, we will refer you to a law firm that can help.
- Debt consolidation combines all debts, including accumulated interest and penalties, and has a payment schedule.
- Debt settlement negotiates a payback amount that is paid in a schedule that fits your ability to pay. In most cases, Chapter7 paybacks are 80 cents on the dollar, while debt settlement is 55-60 cents on the dollar with attorney fees and costs included.
Learn more about debt relief options by calling for your FREE consultation with one of our lawyers in a local office near you.
Contact Us for a free consultation in one of our 22 California locations.
Kevin Fallon McCarthy
Latest posts by Kevin Fallon McCarthy (see all)
- Different Ways to Get Out of Debt - January 22, 2019
- Public Servants’ Second Chance at Federal Student Loan Forgiveness - April 10, 2018
- CREDIT CARD LOSS FOR SMALL BANKS AT AN EIGHT YEAR HIGH - March 22, 2018
- Rise of the Jumbo Student Loans - March 17, 2018
- Credit Card Market: Now and Then - February 23, 2018